Friday, 4 August 2017

Nature Friendly


This blog has been sat patiently waiting for me to add pictures which I have yet to take

Work has been hi jacking the majority of my waking hours

In fact some of my sleeping hours too

I really hope soon things will calm down drastically

Anyway this is what I had written

...

I honestly don't know how long we will live at Little Winter but am determined whilst we are here the garden will be a haven for wildlife

Ummm....apart from the flying ants the other afternoon

Sorry ants

We have left a huge tree stump in situ

Upon the stump sits an old birdtable top

Now grown over with ivy

And surrounding this is an area left wild

An old clay pipe rests nearby

Stone walls stand at the base of some of our perimeter hedging

Bird feeders are visited regularly

There are two large fir trees, and a small one that after nesting is over we want to remove

But hopefully in their place will be a small orchard area

I have a large round tub without holes

Heidi was supposed to use it as a paddling pool

But doesn't

So maybe we could utilise this and dig it in as a pond liner

With stones placed in it so that wildlife can get in and out at their will

Some oxygenating plants

Then I'm sure Heidi will love to wallow in it!

Plans and hard work and a body full of aching muscles

I should also like a few raised beds for vegetables and soft fruit

Hubby is not a tidy gardener

And our harvest this year is modest to say the least

I feel that raised beds would help

A gooseberry bush that we found in an overgrown bed last year has not fruited at all this season

This needs to be moved

But I am not able to do everything at once

And hubby and his muscle power are kept busy at work this time of year

We have had several days of constant rain

At times I could almost have done with some lighting on

I hope that soon the weather Goddess will see fit to shine some golden goodness upon us

Much as I love Autumn

I would like a little more Summer before she appears

Blessings J. x


 

3 comments:

  1. We have been so lucky and not had the flying ants this year. They freak me out.
    Love your visions for your garden and I hope that work lightens up a bit to allow you the time to put your plans into action.
    Lots of hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr GBT built us raised beds last year for our veggies this season and it's been a godsend!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last words sum up my feelings exactly. I'm looking forward to Autumn but I do hope we haven't yet seen the last of Summer. Your garden sounds lovely and it would be wonderful to see some photographs when you are able. X

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.