Sunday, 9 July 2017

Lost In Books

Yesterday afternoon whilst hubby was working I set off to the fete of a neighbouring village...we actually lived on its outskirts when first married

I wasn't alone

Heidi came too as there was a dog show

And she won the fluffiest dog class

Again!

There was an enormous stall selling books

Loads and loads of books

I don't need any books

I live in a modest cottage

However at four for a pound I was tempted

And parted with a whole £2!

A couple gardening books I shall pass on to people I know might be glad of them

However

I feel as though I have made a couple of new 'friends'

One called Farmhouse Cookery, Recipes from the Country Kitchen by Readers Digest 1981 edition

This has some very interesting facts in it...not just recipes

The other is titled Nature Diary by Janet Marsh

She wrote and illustrated this diary in 1979 when the Itchen Valley in Hampshire was earmarked for the M3 motorway extension

In fact they are so interesting I think I may just pop them by my bed for some inspirational reading

So it's up the wooden hill for me now

Blessings J. x




4 comments:

  1. Judging by what some people were walking round with I missed out on some good books by being late to the stall on Saturday but never mind I did pick up five so they will do for me.
    Congratulations Heidi you gorgeous fluffy girl.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Heidi. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Heidi :) 🐾 🐾

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.