Thursday, 20 July 2017

A Week Of Storms

This past week has raced by

Hanging washing out when possible to blow in the breeze

Taking a chance, and hoping that the ominous looking clouds will not empty their contents upon it

Winning some and losing some

Listening to thunderstorms rolling in

Hearing the straight down rain and wondering if it will ever stop

Getting frustrated when work meetups don't come to fruition

Enjoying watching the world para athletics

Realising that the nights are beginning to pull in

Grieving for the loss of an Uncle

The last of his generation

And also for a local young farm worker

Killed when thrown from his tractor

It has been a week with so much going on and happening

I haven't had much opportunity to browse the usual blogs

But I'm still here

And will catch up eventually

I'm cutting myself some slack

And accepting that not everything will get done

Not everything will be perfect

The rain will batter the flowers

But that's ok

And I can't do anything about it

Blessings J. x



15 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you reach that state of c'est la vie it is rather liberating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so...no point stopping for too long worrying about things I cannot change as the clock never stops. x

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your family loss and also the loss of the young farm worker....how dreadful.

    Keep safe in those storms.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila...the latter puts the first into perspective. Take care yourself. x

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for your recent losses Jackie. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words indeed....sometimes you just have to go with whatever's going on. Such a tragedy about the young man.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Devon YFC have just started a wear your tractor seatbelt campaign...whether it would have saved him who knows. x

      Delete
  5. Awful shame about the chap on the tractor, it was on Countryfile about how dangerous farm work is. I realize your Uncle was on an age, but there is something about the last of a Generation. Cutting yourself slack is positive and sensible. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverley...Uncle was buried on what would have been Mum's birthday...very poignant. x

      Delete
  6. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm catching up on blogs as well. I'm so sorry to read about the young man on the tractor. That is just horrific. Sorry for the passing of your uncle as well. I have so many relatives that are into their 80's now. Time passes by so quickly. It really puts things into perspective, doesn't it? Enjoy your weekend and God bless. xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Uncle's passing was sad but not tragic...what is tragic is how many times we put off doing things then one day...bam...it's too late. x

      Delete
  8. I love the way your blog posts are set out, so different, not to mention easy on the eye, so important as one gets older! It's good to cut yourself some slack, not be so hard on yourself if you can't achieve all you wanted to achieve. I have learnt to accept that as I have got older, and to accept I am who I am, not what people expect me to be. Those who don't like the real me, warts and all, aren't worthy of being called 'friend'. I had been looking through blogs for new blogs to read, and that's how I found yours. Thank you for an interesting read.
    www.lifeatemsplace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome Edwina...I hope to get back to posting very soon, this past week as have indeed cut myself some slack. x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.